Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our 4th of July Weekend.

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!
Ok, yes, I know.... this is July 14th now.  But we have been gone since July 2,
with only one day at home in between trips.
The other trip I will blog soon. I promise!
We decided to spend the 4th down in Delray Beach. 
 It is about 3 hours south of us, just north of Fort Lauderdale.
We stayed at The Residence Inn.  We have stayed here several times now.
There was a sand building contest.  Only after we arrived half way thru it, did we see the signs that said anyone could enter, you just had to be registered by 8am. What a bummer!  Most of you have seen the pictures of our past sand sculptors. We could of been real competitors!
They have it every 4th of July, so I think I know what we will do next year!
We have a whole year to practice what we want to build.
The kids put this together in about 5 minutes.  Just think what we could do with 4 hours!
We really enjoyed the vacation.
The firework show was fantastic.
It was on a barge in the ocean.
We sat on the sand and watched the fireworks light up the sky and the water.
Beautiful!

No comments: