Thursday, February 19, 2009

Not broken....SHATTERED

****NOTE: This has been edited since original publication due to my brothers attorneys request. However, we all know the TRUTH.****
I am absolutely devastated to write this blog.
My beautiful little nephew JOHN JAKOB has passed away today. Our hearts are soooo broken for Leonard, Michelle and Elektra.

Leonard and Michelle's lives have been shattered. All of our lives are forever shattered. Leonard and Michelle are wonderful parents. All they have ever wanted is to be parents. Leonard and Michelle has babysat and held each and everyone of my children from moments after their births, and I would have him and Michelle watch them today. When Mike and I went on our cruise one year ago, Michelle was THE FIRST person I called to see if she would come and watch all 3 of my kids. Leonard wanted to come out, but had to work. Michelle did a WONDERFUL job watching my kids and they were so sad that she and Elektra had to leave. Right now, the state has custody of Elektra. The next court hearing (there was one today) is not until March 16th. The courts are not releasing her to my parents or JJ, (Leonard's best friend, and the children's GodFather.) We are having a very hard time understanding how an INNOCENT person can be charged with such a crime. JJ's organs will be donated. After what Leonard and Michelle went thru with Michelle needing a liver donated to her, they understand how important that it is to donate JJ's organs so that another baby can live, and JJ can continue to 'live' as well. Also, the cost of attorneys is thru the roof. They could be looking at a $500,000+ fee. We are not sure how it is going to be paid for. Maybe we can start a fund raising for them. Right now, Leonard has to move out of his house, away from Michelle, so that maybe she can get custody earlier. They are looking at selling everything and anything they have to help pay the expenses. Unfortunately the military attorneys cannot help because it is a child abuse case, and they do not provide coverage for that. Please pray for them. Please send GOOD energies for Leonard and Michelle to get thru this as whole as possible. I will update again, once I know when and where the funeral is. Thank you to everyone that has said how much they support Leonard and Michelle.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corinna,

We are SO SORRY about the baby. Oh my God, what a terrible thing and our hearts are broken right along with yours. Jeff visited Chris on Tuesday and Chris's dad told him about baby John. I guess he knew because Bruce had been to visit Chris on Sunday (or Monday?). We, too, truly believe it was a terrible accident. It seems like our society just can't let accidents happen now. We have been so depressed about Chris and now this. How much can your family take? Thank you for letting us know about this and please keep us informed. Please let Leonard and Michelle know we stand behind them and are sending prayers their way.

When Jake was a baby, I did my share of stupid stuff. Accidents do happen and can happen to anyone. Leonard and Michelle did NOT deserve to have Elektra taken away. All so stupid.

Love,
Jeff and Pam

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Staci, I just received the email from you today. Chris had txt'd me this afternoon and told me about John Jakob I am truely sorry for the lose you all have to endure. Please know the ALL of us want to send out our prayers to all of you. WE ALL KNOW LEONARD IS TOTALLY INNOCENT!!!! NO Dought about it. We are all in total shock. We all love each and EVERYONE of ya so much. We are all here for you if there is anything we can do, PLEASE let us know. We will be praying and hoping that everthing turns out ok LET GOD HELP!!!!! Love ya, Staci and the Whole Savage Family.

Anonymous said...

Wow Corinna....I'm sorry to hear about everything that is going on. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Anonymous said...

That's just horrible horrible horrible news about J.J., and what's going on with your brother's family. My heart is just so heavy with sadness for your brother & his family. For you all! I hope with all of my being that all will be set right in the end. What a nightmare within a nightmare to be having after something so unimaginably tragic has happened.

My heart goes out to you all.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. so sorry. this sounds like a nightmare. i will pray for your brother.
Debra Somogyi

Anonymous said...

Corrina, I am so sorry for the horrible tradegy that has befallen your family. It is bad to lose anyone, but a child is crushing. My prayers are with your entire family and everyone that is affected by this awful event. I sure hope justice will prevail and God be with Leonard in this horrific time. Thinking of you. Juanita Cappelli & Family

Anonymous said...

We have to believe that this family will be together soon. Its so heart breaking to imagine them dealing with this loss and then not having their daughter. Leonard is a kind, gentle man and will be reunited with his beautiful family very soon. Our prayers and blessings are with you.

Anonymous said...

GOD LOOK KINDLY AND GOOD ON YOU and bring all of you, Mike, Christina, Zachary and Caleb, and particularly your brother and wife and daughter, some temporary peace. My opinion of CPS is soooo warped, particularly here. Apparently it is everywhere.

You have always been loved by everyone you've ever been close to or just casual. There are, of course, no words to help at this point. My heart right at this moment, after reading your update on the dear baby's death, is feeling a very, very closeness to you. I can only hope some peace will come from this, if only for a few moments.

My prayers will continue. If I had any extra money, I would gladly forward it. It just is not there and that sorrows me. I will pray for justice and your help.

Love your little (and big) ones. They are the most important in your life always.

Alice........ My special love and prayers to you.