Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day at Disney

Thank you to my brother Frank and Dave for giving us 
5 tickets to Disneyworld for my birthday.
We finally found the time to go!
We got up early Saturday morning and headed to the parks.
Since the tickets were my birthday present,
I went to the Guest Relations, said it was my bday
and got to wear a Mickey pin that said
"I'm celebrating my Birthday!"
All day long people said "Happy Birthday" to me.
First park we went  to was Animal Kingdom.
This is the big Discovery  Tree in the island 
in the middle of the park.
 The morning and evening were chilly
enough for jackets and layers.
(I for one had 3 shirts on plus my Mickey jacket!)
The day tho was warm enough for t-shirts.
Caleb was very afraid to go on the Dinosaur ride.
Christina told them to make faces. 
I wonder why he was afraid of the dinosaur ride?
See Mike, Caleb and I in the back seat? 
Thats how Caleb rode the entire ride.
Twice.
Christina and Zachary are in front of Mike.
Caleb did not want to go on a twirling coaster
so we let Zachary and Christina go on it while
we took Caleb on one more his style.
"I was brave and conquered the flying dinosaur!"
We got fast passes to return to Mt Everest.
That is Zacharys fav ride.
Here the boys and Christina are waiting
for Mike and I to come back with their
cheeseburgers and drinks.
After lunch we went on a safari ride.
We saw hippos, rhinos, giraffes, lions, gazelles, 
antelopes, elephants,and tons of other animals.
Then we headed back to ride Mt. Everest.
Caleb was not about to go on it,
so we did the child swap.
Zachary got to ride twice.  First with Christina,
then with Mike and I.
 He would of gone a dozen more if we had time!
See Everest in the background?
Its a 3 minute roller coaster thru
Yeti land.
As we were heading out of Animal Kingdom 
a parade was on its way so we stopped 
and watched.
We headed over to Uncle Owiees restaurant.
He's a chef at the Grand Floridian.
Its a beautiful hotel that reminds you
of  Del Coronado in south CA.
He used his employee discount to 
help pay for dinner. He chatted with us
for a few minutes then had to head back to work.
While the boys were waiting for their dinner
they played video games.
This is the inside of the hotel.
It also had gingerbread houses you could
walk thru.
After dinner we headed over to Magic Kingdom.
There we had longer lines and could only ride
 Haunted Mansion and Pirates.
We would of ridden more, but the boys were
getting droopy eyed. And the last thing you want
is to have to carry asleep or sleepy children
across all of Disney, to the monorail and the tram
before getting to the car.  No thank you!
The castle is lit up so beautifully
you just want to stand there and stare 
at it while the colors slowly change.
Thank you bro and Dave for the tickets!
We love going there and we had a 
WONDERFUL TIME!
  If you notice in the pictures that Calebs front tooth is totally crooked,
its because it is.   We are soo happy it is finally out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo glad you had a good time!! It was a lot of fun being able to hang with you a short while. Next time I want to play too!! lol